Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Gallery Expands

Gallery Expands

Live is still giving me art,
for which I am grateful, on the whole.
Renoir and Matisse, roll over.
Van Gogh never came up
with yellow this vibrant. Reds
and blues leap out. Living
sculptures follow me with eyes
have to see to believe. Leonardo.
and Michelangelo are cringing,
you know. Check out the street art,
come see my statues. Insurance out,
but the crux is the loss comes
with age. Someone slips in screams
by Bosch imitators. Apers of Picasso
replace perfectly good landscapes
with bent triangles and circles
refuse to round. It is a woman
in a mirror, it is a giraffe
with two heads and six legs.
Some days, only brown and gray
collage. Dirt, sand, and excrement
cast a giant shadow. Clown with a tear
beside its ball nose contributes garish
red and mud blue, but the color
hurts. Thank God life surprises
with a masterpiece like autumn
came up with today. Wine, orange,
aubergine, and rust daubed on green
bring out the art lover again. Yes!





(c) Phyllis Jean Green, NOVEMBER, 2006





N: I l o v e abstract art. All kinds! Speaking of b a d Picasso imitations. . .hope you know. <3 Pea <3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a friend named Marcia --
sometimes I call her Boss --
who is funny and wise. Smart as
a whip, loves dogs. . .Boss,
I love you bushels and pecks.
Can't find a rhyme for Marcia,
but what the heck!

{You'll notice I cleaned up my language. Now if I could just
make myself clean up my house.}

Y'rs,

Pod xOx